SnapStill lets you quickly and easily snap photos from video.
Just pick the video you want, scroll to the moment you’re looking for, and press the snap button to save your new still and share it with friends.
You can snap videos in your Camera Roll as well as new ones you record or import.
SnapStill is built for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch and is a free download on the App Store.
‣ Easily snap photos from video.
‣ Quickly find the exact images you want to snap simply by dragging left and right to move forward and backward—scroll quickly with the timeline and go for frame-by-frame precision by pulling on the video itself.
‣ Snaps photos using the video’s original resolution, producing the best possibile quality. Unlike screenshots, there are no annoying black bars and image quality isn’t degraded by upscaling or downscaling.
‣ Record new videos to snap from within the app.
‣ Access existing recordings from your Camera Roll.
‣ Import videos using iTunes Files Sharing.
‣ Save a copy of every still so that even if you delete the original video, you can always view or share it later.
‣ Select multiple stills at once for batch sharing or deleting.
‣ Option to save stills to Camera Roll manually or automatically.
‣ Share stills on Twitter, Facebook, Weibo, and more.
‣ Copy stills to memory and open in Messages app.
‣ Open stills and videos in compatible third-party apps.
‣ Save location and timing metadata so apps like Photos can accurately place stills on a map and in a timeline.
‣ Next generation look-and-feel with five color themes.
‣ Works with iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
‣ Completely free.
‣ No ads.